Annie B. Plateau
The Annie B. Plateau displays a sunflower motif in honor of Ann Bernadette Zeis, a passionate supporter of Indego Africa.
The Ann B. Zeis Scholarship Fund provides women artisans in Rwanda with free advanced business education at Indego Africa's Leadership Academy and Young Leaders Academy. This fund was established by Marta and Jeff Zeis to help honor the memory of their daughter.
- 12" W x 3" H
- Hand dyed in multiple colors including pink, purple, and yellow
- Made from strands of sisal wrapped around bunches of sweetgrass
- Includes a loop on the back for hanging
- Made from locally sourced fibers
- Our best-selling sweetgrass plateaus make an ideal housewarming gift and are the perfect shape and size to be used as a fruit basket, hung in a cluster on a gallery wall, or simply placed as an accent piece in your favorite nook around the house.
The artisan sector is the second largest employer in the developing world. Yet the majority of artisans are women who lack access to export markets, business skills, and the financial tools needed to run successful, global enterprises.
We are dedicated to changing that by investing 100% of our profits into education programs for the women who handcraft our products and youth in their communities. Since 2007, we've provided over 1,100 artisans and 250 young people in Rwanda & Ghana with employment opportunities, entrepreneurship training, and consistent access to the global export market.
- spot clean
- bright colors will fade in direct sunlight
**Due to the handmade quality, some size and color variation may occur.