Cowrie Keepsake Bowl
This beautiful and playful basket is delicately handwoven with care in Rwanda.
- 4" W x 4" H
- Hand dyed in fuchsia and orange
- Made from strands of sisal wrapped around bunches of sweetgrass
- Adorned with cowrie shells from Ghana - treasured symbols of destiny, prosperity, and strength
- Features a checked pattern
- Use this playful piece as fun planter for a mini plant, or simply as a catchall for your small belongings!
The artisan sector is the second largest employer in the developing world. Yet the majority of artisans are women who lack access to export markets, business skills, and the financial tools needed to run successful, global enterprises.
We are dedicated to changing that by investing 100% of our profits into education programs for the women who handcraft our products and youth in their communities. Since 2007, we've provided over 1,100 artisans and 250 young people in Rwanda & Ghana with employment opportunities, entrepreneurship training, and consistent access to the global export market.
- spot clean
- bright colors will fade in direct sunlight
**Due to the handmade quality, some size and color variation may occur.