Ashanti Doll Keychain
ETHICAL SUPPLY CHAIN
Our Ashanti Doll Keychain is a great personalized gift or treat for yourself!
- 2" W x 3.5" H
(not including key ring)
- Hand carved from cedrela wood
- Features a gold lobster clasp closure
- Inspired by the traditional fertility dolls of the Ashanti people
- Historically, women would wrap and carry larger versions of these dolls on their backs as if they were children, a ritual believed to support pregnancy and bring health, happiness, and a safe delivery to mamas-to-be.
- The keychain is a unique, statement piece to keep with you anywhere you go. It is also a lovely option for a baby shower gift bundle!
The artisan sector is the second largest employer in the developing world. Yet the majority of artisans are women who lack access to export markets, business skills, and the financial tools needed to run successful, global enterprises.
We are dedicated to changing that by investing 100% of our profits into education programs for the women who handcraft our products and youth in their communities. Since 2007, we've provided over 1,100 artisans and 250 young people in Rwanda & Ghana with employment opportunities, entrepreneurship training, and consistent access to the global export market.
- spot clean
**Due to the handmade quality, some size and color variation may occur.