One of our best-selling signature plateau baskets handcrafted in Rwanda with a time-honored weaving technique passed down from generations of artisans.
This product is handmade with heart by Burundian and Congolese refugees at the Mahama and Kigeme Refugee Camps in Rwanda. Learn more about our Economic Inclusion for Refugees program.
12" W x 3" H
- Hand dyed in salmon pink & yellow with black accents
- Made from strands of sisal wrapped around bunches of sweetgrass
- Includes a loop on the back for hanging
- Made from locally sourced fibers
- The ideal housewarming gift and the perfect size to be used as a fruit basket, hung in a cluster on a gallery wall, or simply placed as an accent piece in your favorite nook around the house or office.
*Due to the handmade quality, some size and color variation may occur.
The artisan sector is the second largest employer in the developing world. Yet the majority of artisans are women who lack access to export markets, business skills, and the financial tools needed to run successful, global enterprises.
We are dedicated to changing that by investing 100% of our profits into education programs for the women who handcraft our products and youth in their communities. Since 2007, we've provided over 1,100 artisans and 250 young people in Rwanda & Ghana with employment opportunities, entrepreneurship training, and consistent access to the global export market.